Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday, January 19, 2009

Course Goals for TE 402
While looking over the syllabus for this course, one word seemed to jump off of the page at me quite a few times: technology. Technology and the use of it in the classroom tends to make me a bit anxious; but I am looking forward to learning more about it and how I can incorporate it in the classroom.Another course goal mentioned that I know I need to work on is ongoing self-assessment. Last semester was mostly a chaotic blur for me and I never really had (or made) the time to take a look at myself as a learner or a colleague. This semester I intend to pay more attention to myself as a learner and a colleague, as I am sure it will help me be better at both.After completing the first readings, I find myself even more excited about this course. I am very interested in exploring literacy and all of its aspects.
Posted by Kimberly at 10:41 PM 1 comments

1 comment:

  1. I agree that technology scares me a little bit. I too need to brush up on my computer skills and learn more and better ways to incorporate it into the classroom. I think that this will be really important for the fact that I will most likely be in a special ed/deaf ed classroom and finding other ways to get imformation across to special learners can be a challenge. So the more information that I have to make the learning better and easier for my students will help all of us in the long run. And as someone who shared in one of your chaotic classes, Kim, you were a finr learner and classmate. You added much to our class and group discussions :)

    ReplyDelete